Walking Together With Jesus – Lent Retreat 2019
Date and Time
Wed 20 Feb
- February 20, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Introductory meeting on Wednesday 20 February at 6-7pm
Would you like to join a UK-wide on-line Retreat for Lent 2019? Here’s a flyer setting out the information about it: 2019 Lent Retreat Leaflet.docx
What does the Retreat involve? Your commitment is to pray day by day, setting aside perhaps 20–30 minutes for prayer each day during Lent, at a time that fits for you. The online material gives you suggested Bible readings and other materials to pray with each day, as well as suggested ways to pray with them, using the Ignatian styles of prayer (which are the basis of the autumn Retreat in Daily Working life that we have offered over the last seven years, through ChaplaincyPlus in partnership with Manresa Link in Birmingham). The Retreat is offered free of charge.
Introductory session? If you would like to take part, or you would just like to hear more about the Retreat before committing yourself to it, come along to the introductory meeting on Wednesday 20 February at 6-7pm at ChaplaincyPlus’s offices, with no commitment. It will be helpful if you can look at the online materials before coming to the meeting: https://www.pathwaystogod.org/resources/walking-together-jesus-lent-retreat-2019
Group meetings on Wednesday evenings 6-7pm: You can join in the Retreat simply by praying each day, using the available material. However, to make the most of the Retreat, ChaplaincyPlus is partnering with John and Maria Price, from Manresa Link, to offer a local group which will run from 6-7pm on six consecutive Wednesdays through Lent, starting on Wednesday 13 March 2019. This gives space to share your experiences and also to listen to others and so to deepen your own experience. This group will take place at ChaplaincyPlus’s offices, 8th Floor, One Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2BJ.
Interested? PLACES CANNOT BE BOOKED ONLINE HERE, but to join in, simply contact John and Maria Price (on email@example.com or 0121 422 7647), confirming if you would like:
- To come to the introductory meeting on 20 February at 6pm just to hear more;
- To come to the introductory meeting and then join the Retreat by praying each day, but without joining a group;
- To come to the introductory meeting and join the Retreat and the group on Wednesdays at 6pm;
- To come to the introductory meeting and join the Retreat and a group, but at another time of the week (saying what time would work for you to meet and confirming whether you are able to offer a meeting room for a group) – we will see whether we can identify a leader and enough people to form a group, as well as a venue for the group, in this situation; or
- To go with one of these options (specify which), but can’t make the introductory meeting.