Wellbeing Workshop: The Wheel of Life
31 January @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Creating a healthier, happier lifestyle
We hear a lot about the importance of having a good work/life balance.
What am I going to get out of this workshop?
- A healthier, happier more balanced lifestyle
- A healthier perspective about my life
- Encouraged by the areas of my life where I am doing well
- Motivated to work on and improve the areas of my life that might need it
A useful tool that we might use to achieve this is “The wheel of life”. This is a very simple visual way of quickly assessing and visually seeing where we feel that we might be at in the key areas of our lives.
Exercises like the wheel of life can be ways of allowing ourselves to begin to renew our perspectives or ways of seeing things. The way we see and understand or perceive things may affect the way we behave or do things. Curious reflection and questioning about our lives may help us to begin to notice or become aware of things from different perspectives. These different perspectives and awareness may even help us to start changing things so that we can live a better quality of life.
You may also like to do this simple exercise with a work colleague or your partner and see what comes up for them.
In this workshop we will be:
- Understanding what the wheel of life is and how it can be useful for reflection, application and change in our lives
- Creating our own wheel
- Looking at what we see and asking questions about what that might mean to us
- Coming up with some answers and possible ideas and changes that we might want to make in our lives to improve them
- Look at some of the obstacles that might get in the way and what we might do to shift them
Make sure to have a blank piece of paper and some colorful pens or pencils. If you’ve only got a pen then that will do the job.
We look forward to welcoming you on Zoom.
If you would like to know more about the wheel of life please read a recent article that Tim Skene, our Birmingham Wellbeing Alliance Project Manager, wrote by clicking the button below.Read the article here.